We recommend that you bring your child to Echeverri Dental Center for his or her first dental visit shortly after the first tooth erupts, and no later than his or her first birthday. During this initial visit, our pediatric dentists will gently examine your child’s teeth and oral health, making sure to help your child have a comfortable, positive experience that will set a pattern for future visits. We invite you to contact us at 713-956-8767 to schedule your child’s first dental visit in Houston, Texas, with our caring pediatric specialists.
Your child’s first dental visit consists of a thorough dental examination, a dental cleaning, a fluoride treatment, and x-rays. We may vary these treatments depending on your child’s needs. Our friendly team will make sure that your child has a fun and informative visit, and that he or she understands everything we do. During the first visit, we will provide you with information on how to care for your child’s oral health, including:
- An at-home oral hygiene routine that includes brushing, flossing, maintaining a balanced diet, and information on fluorides.
- A caries risk assessment, to determine your child’s susceptibility to tooth decay, as well as information about Early Childhood Caries (often caused by poor nursing habits or inappropriate use of sippy cups).
- Facts about finger, thumb, and pacifier-sucking habits, and tips on how to help your child break those habits before they become a problem.
- Information on preventing injuries to the mouth and teeth.
- Information on the growth and development of your child’s teeth and jaws.
During your child’s first visit, we ask that you observe quietly and allow us to build a trusting relationship with your child.
For more information, and to make your child’s appointment for his or her first dental visit, please contact our office.